domingo, 17 de febrero de 2008

First Post

This is my first post on this blog, so lets get you started with a little art I'm currently working on.
You may find my art quite... commercial and senseless, but from time to time I can get some emo piece up on my gallery.
My tools: wacom graphire, a mac mini that overheats with running youtube videos, and a really cool flat screen 1280x1024 :D.
Quite modest, you great graphic designers may think, but i dare say I'm above the average sketcher. But greatly below the students of the fine arts. You'll have to bear with my lack of ratio balance, and proper ambientation, as I am self-taught, and quite stubborn.

Most pics you'll see here are what i like to call, practice, as they are mainly intended for wowing less cultured people, or getting some life into an online community character. You'll have to forgive me for this, but as everyone knows, an artist has to eat. Yet i wont eat with virtual money, but at least have some fun, which is why i got the internet in the first place.

As I was saying, the next drawing wont be an exception to the tasteless and dry drawings of modern day anime lovers, but as that is a style which has been with me quite a while, I refuse to deny it or suppress it. So here it is:As you can see, its still unfinished, and willing to recieve any commentaries, suggestions and critiques of any sort.

Next here, its one of my latest works. This is a comissioned drawing for what i was saying earlier, an online comunity character, called gaiaonline.
Photobucket

Here I tried new ways of cging, as well as more detailed backgrounds.

And lastly, here's a pencil drawing I did at school. (Not at art school, though. I'm studying chemical engineering. Don't ask why.)

Photobucket

Hope you add your comments and suggestions.

1 comentario:

Rino Bod dijo...

I'm not an entusiast for graphic arts, but I find yours quite interesting. You don't have to apologize for nothing, you had achieve a very fine style.
Lovely post, I'll be around.